End SARS #NewNigerianow

SARS IS A DISEASE

Call me lilly-livered, 
I'll gladly admit.
A foolish timid wimpy sissy, 
Yeah, Its me youre hailing.
Thats how I have managed to stay alive till now.
When I walk past the pack in black
I freeze, I hold my breath,
I go on tip of my toes
            
Lest offence is taken 
At the ko-ko-ka sound of my shoes.

When I drive past the check points,
Manned by the hungry looking pride, 
Eyes blazing red, tongue hanging out loosely,
Mouth dripping saliva, smelling the approach of another prey
I slow down to a stop though I feel like running.
I despise my titles, forget my stack of certificates
I blurt out Sirs upon sirs, morning sir, aft'noon Officer sirs,
Like my life depended on it, it actually does.
I'd rather play dumb than be dead,
Victim of anger that I knew nothing about.

I carry no contraband,
I have no criminal intent
I belong to no lawless gang
Nor threaten the peace of any other being
But when they bellow, "hey you, wait there or park there"
I mind what I do next, I wait there and park there.
Because I am afraid. 
I have reasons to be.

I am afraid, for
I have often heard
Of accidental discharges
Mistaken rain of bullets
Into the chest of the bold and audacious
Who dared to question their lordships.
Every answer is a talk back
Every whisper is a show of disrespect
To the drunken fiend there to serve and to protect.

I am afraid, for
I have often heard
Of suspects dying in their underground cribs.
Cause of death of their mangled bodies speculated,
To be deep remorse thinking about their innocence.

I am afraid, for
In our land
Armed robbers operate in crisp Force Uniforms and kits
As the Force operate in armed robbers fashion and gears
In my confusion I do not know
Whether to run to you
Or to run from you.
Sars is a pandemic, an infection in need of vaccine.
Sars is a disease in need of cure.

End Sars, End Sars, EndSars?
When the uniform
Ceases to be a licence
To batter and to maim and to cripple.
When the nozzle of service arms
No longer points at the head of citizens
When suspects are no longer seen 
As cows with engorged udders begging to be milked.
When the chest of peaceful protesters
No longer assumes objects for target practice of the drunken masters,
When young people with cars
Are no longer chased to their deaths
When curly beards or dangling dreads
Does not signify cultists feeding off internet crimes
When every person carrying mobile work stations
No longer equate hard evidence of cybercrimes
Then we will know sars is truly no more.

Lets wipe this off our plate;
Lets rid our systems of this poison;
Sars is a disease in need of cure.

AOA YUSUFF (C)
All Rights Reserved
10th October, 2020.

Comments

Popular Posts