2020: We'll Breathe Again🤞















I remember my first philosophy 101(PHL 101) class in my undergraduate days. The year was 2000; I woke up that morning feeling incredible, I was a proud 100-level law student. Fast forward to the class, the lecturer, Mr Wilcox (how can I forget his name?), went on and on about the essence of our existence, how did we get here? when we are leaving 🙉, who got here first etc. By the time the class was over, I felt so miserable and blank(  Tabula rasa mode).
This year 2020 is feeling like my PHL 101 days.
2020 so far has been so catastrophic, as in catastrophically ruinous. It's been the  'I can't breathe' moments for everyone across the globe... So many unbelievable &mysterious  series of occurrences and deaths from ailments and the present pandemic ravaging the world. Worldwide record of cases now over 9.2million (cases of Covid-19 infection in the world) with about 477,000 death recorded so far... Recession everywhere, financial breakdown, family break down, educational breakdown, psychological meltdown, to say the least. The young, the old, everyone is faced with this uncomfortable situation. A few days ago my son's class teacher told 'them' to write a short story as his google classroom assignment. When he read what he wrote out to me, it was about COVID-19 and how he is suddenly unable to move around and see his friends. I felt for him because I know the devastation this year is inflicting on children globally both mentally and physically.
 In our normal daily life ( BC - Before COVID-19) at every point in time in our life journey based on circumstances beyond our control or humanly influenced circumstances, we will naturally get to our breaking point. What is important at such time is to cry for help and move forward in the best practical way. Many people are in employment places now where they are emotionally, mentally and physically drained or even damaged which could lead eventually to sudden death, stroke, depression etc. According to the Nigeria workplace mental health survey 2019, 80% of Nigerian. employees are at the risk of mental illness. It's vital to always understand the signal 🚥  when our body is telling us to calm down and breathe. In as much as this year is trying to choke us all, it's still important to rise above the circumstances and breath!!!!!. Take a walk as often as possible, sit alone and meditate once in a while, rest and stay mentally positive. Spend time with your family..... I am optimistically looking forward to everything falling back into place and we been able to look back. Reading my favourite Bible psalm (psalm126)😁.
It will be over soon, we will breathe again!







@olatounGraceny✍





















Thanks for reading kindly click on the follow button on the right side of the page.🥂 (Type in your email address and click the submit button)
Twitter:@OlatounGraceny
YouTube: Graceny's Life Chronicles





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts