My Loc Journey ( Combed Out My Locs)




A little less than 4 years ago, I decided to make a life-changing decision. I had a visit to the barber and cut my permed hair and locked the tiny bit of natural hair left. It was a life-changing decision in the sense that I had to learn patience and perseverance. By the time I was 6 months into the journey, my hair was growing very well and my 'hair' confidence was boosted. My hair grew so long that I was really astonished. Prior to my loc journey I had always believed that my hair could never grow beyond a particular length, but to my amazement, it grew beyond my expectation.

 Fast forward to 2019, my husband had to travel out of the country for a few months; it was such an emotional time for me so I went back to my drawing board for inspiration. What works for me in such times is  shifting attention to something else, like a new hobby or something else, different from the usual. Usually, I start with praying to the Almighty God for strength & sustenance.  Then to my ' next big thing':  I started with gardening/ planting here and there. The plantain suckers we planted last october is now looking tall and fantastic,πŸ‘Œ one is almost ready for harvest even. I did a lot of other things which included cutting my locks to a short length ✂️.

Two months after that I went back to my loctician to reattach themπŸ˜…πŸ˜πŸ€“.
The year 2020 started like every other year, everything was going smoothly until COVID- 19 stepped in...... What a mirage!!!!!!, holding the whole world to ransom.  I decided to see it as another opportunity and chance to change our attitude and perception...in everything....I went back to my drawing board, as usual, looking for something new/ adventurous. Then I thought to myself; I can actually go back natural  😁. (I remember I had always wanted bigger locs so considering that, I went ahead with the decision. I did cut and comb out a portion of my locs. You can watch the process on my  YouTube channel πŸ‘‰(https://youtu.be/BhBDjfv0yRU) if you ever want to undo your locs. I might just loc my hair back soon but for now, I am enjoying my new assignment of dealing with natural hair,  and one of my greatest gains from locking my hair is that it grew thicker and fuller πŸ˜…πŸ§˜‍♀️.

I enjoy knowing that in this life you are the architect of your own life, and that your happiness and peace actually pivot in your attitude and reaction to life's occurrences.
Keep your head above the waters πŸ’§, this too shall pass .






#StaysafeπŸ‘ˆ

@OlatounGraceny✍
















Thanks for reading kindly click on the follow button on the right side of the page.πŸ₯‚ (Type in your email address and click the submit button)
Youtube@ Graceny Life Chronicles 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts